In my work as a Shopify theme developer, I am often asked about the importance of blogs. You don't really need to see any statistics to understand that if you have useful content that others may want to read, it can be shared. And if it can be shared, it can increase your traffic and benefit your site. The key is to create good content and to stick with it.
Both of these need to be worked on in tandem. If you create good content but give up easily then you've ultimately given up on a potentially great source of traffic. Blog traffic is a great investment that can grow and amplify over time. But you have to stick with it and keep doing it, otherwise it makes your site look stale.
SEO wizard Brian Dean at Backlinko is at it again with 19 wonderful tips for amping up your content, improving pageviews, and thereby your SEO.
Here's a rundown of topics covered:
- 1. Publish “X vs. Y” Posts
- 2. Link to Social Profiles in Outreach Emails
- 3. Use The Animalz Revive Tool
- 4. Try The PBC Formula
- 5. Publish “Power Posts”
- 6. Write About Trending Topics
- 7. Include Native Content With Social Shares
- 8. Use Padlock Posts
- 9. Include a Keyword in Your URL
- 10. Add More Cuts to Your Video Content
- 11. Write Longer Headlines
- 12. Optimize Around Untapped Keywords
- 13. Use Blog Post Templates
- 14. Use Emotional Titles
- 15. Optimize Around Brand Keywords
- 16. Tell Relatable Stories in YouTube Videos
- 17. Write Compelling Meta Descriptions
- Bonus #1: Reverse Engineer Your Competition
- Bonus #2: Create Stats Pages
Tons of great techniques and strategies and things to think about.